Miamisburg is a city in Montgomery County, Ohio, United States. The population was 20,181 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area. Miamisburg is known for its large industry and retail factors commercial business area, which is partially located in Miami Township, but is probably most famous for being the home to the Miamisburg Mound. Miamisburg borders Miami Township, Springboro, and West Carrollton. The sister city of Miamisburg is Owen Sound, Ontario.
Culture and recreation
Miamisburg has a varied culture dating back to the 18th century. Miamisburg is home to a variety of popular buildings located throughout the city. North of Miamisburg in Dayton are home to more well known buildings such as the Victoria Theatre, Benjamin and Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center, Fifth Third Field, and the Fraze Pavilion in Kettering; and north of Dayton sits Hara Arena.
Popular Miamisburg attractions
- Baum Opera House (on S. First Street near Central Ave.)
- Community Park and Skatepark (on S. 1st St.)
- Cox Arboretum (on St. Rt. 741)
- Historic Downtown Miamisburg
- Gebhart Tavern Museum (on Old Main Street)
- Library and Library Park (on 5th St. at Central Ave.)
- Market Square (on Main St. And Central Ave.)
- Miamisburg Civic Center
- Miamisburg Indian Mound and Mound Park (on Mound Ave. east of 6th St.)
- Sycamore Trails Aquatic Center (STAC) (Heincke Rd. and Maue Rd.)
- Sycamore Trails Park (off St. Rt. 725, on the corner of Heincke Rd.)