Pearl River is a hamlet and census-designated place in the town of Orangetown, Rockland County, New York, United States. It is located east of Nauraushaun, south of Nanuet, and west of Blauvelt, New York, and north of Montvale and Old Tappan, New Jersey.
Landmarks and places of Interest
- Cuyper-Van Houten House, 66 Sickletown Road
- Johannes Perry House, 49 Elizabeth St
- Scherer House, 599 Orangeburg Road
- Braunsdorf Park Pearl River, Central Avenue & South Main Street – Named after Julius Braunsdorf, first industrial developer of Pearl River and inventor of various models of sewing machines, newspaper printing presses, carbon arc light bulbs, and electric generators. His sewing machine factory is now the Dexter industrial complex. Braunsdorf installed first indoor lighting in the world in the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
- Edward Salyer House. (NRHP)
- Jacob P. Perry House, 15 Sickletown Road – Built in 1801, it is one of Rockland County's oldest Dutch Colonial Style houses located in the historic Nauraushaun area. (NRHP)
- Maria's Rock, front lawn of Lederle Laboratories, North Middletown Road – An 18th- century legend tells of a little girl named Maria who wandered from her home in nearby Tappan and died of hunger and exposure. Tradition says that villagers found her bones near the massive boulder.
- Orangetown Museum & Archives – 213 Blue Hill Road
- Pearl River United States Post Office (NRHP)
- Van Houten Farms, 68 Sickletown Road – Located on the eastern edge of Pearl River. Adjacent is the Van Houten/Kuyper Dutch Sandstone House, the main section having been built in 1732 and purchased by Van Houten circa 1812.
- Louie's on the Avenue, 160 East Central Ave – popular restaurant in Rockland County