High Point is a city located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. High Point is currently the eighth-largest municipality in North Carolina. High Point is known for its furniture, textiles, and bus manufacturing. The city is sometimes referred to as the "Furniture Capital of the World" although its official slogan is "North Carolina's International City" due to the semi-annual High Point Market that attracts 100,000 exhibitors and buyers from around the world. The area code is 336. Most of the city is located in Guilford County, with portions spilling into neighboring Randolph, Davidson, and Forsyth counties. High Point is North Carolina's only city that extends into four counties.
- Angela Peterson Doll And Miniature Museum: One of the south's largest doll & miniature museums.
- Bernice Bienenstock Furniture Library: World's largest collection of books on the history of furniture and interior design.
- High Point City Lake Park: Recreation and amusement park located on the shores of 540-acre (2.2 km2) lake with boating, fishing, paddle boats, picnic areas with shelters, fishing boat and canoe rentals, historic carousel, train, waterslide, largest outdoor swimming pool in the state, miniature golf, gymnasium, playground and excursion boat. Site of annual "Day in the Park" festival each September.
- High Point Community Theatre: Founded in 1976, High Point Community Theatre (HPCT) presents American musicals, dramas and comedies performed by local actors. HPCT also has an education program, featuring classes, workshops and camps for adults, youth and children.
- High Point Museum and Historical Park: Museum commemorating the history of High Point, coupled with interpretative exhibit of log Blacksmith Shop and 1786 Haley House.
- High Point Public Library: A full-service public library contains nearly 400,000 books, music recordings, videotapes, audiobooks, periodicals, newspapers, and a comprehensive collection of books related to history and genealogy.
- Castle McCulloch Gold Mill: McCulloch Gold Mill was built in 1832 and operated primarily as a gold processing center serving local gold mining operations. Now open as a special events center.
- Millis Regional Health Education Center: Interactive health education center with features depicting facets of human anatomy and health.
- Museum of Old Domestic Life: Quaker museum established around 1926 in 1858 Springfield Meeting House, containing a broad selection of artifacts from typical colonial Quaker homesteads.
- North Carolina Shakespeare Festival: Headquartered in the High Point Theatre, this professional troupe presents classic and contemporary plays during their September through December season.
- Piedmont Environmental Center: Features 375 acres (1.5 km2) of hiking trails adjacent to High Point City Lake, nature preserve, nature store, small animal exhibits, the North Carolina Mapscape, and access to an eight mile (13 km) Greenway Trail.
- Rosetta C. Baldwin Museum: The museum was created in November 2000 to honor the legacy of Miss Rosetta C. Baldwin, her family and many African-Americans. The site depicts a typical home of a southern African American family during the mid-twentieth century.
- Sechrest Gallery: Located on the campus of High Point University in the Hayworth Fine Arts Center, the Sechrest Gallery houses permanent collections of 18th and 19th century British Art coupled with rotating exhibitions.
- Theatre Art Galleries: Housed in the High Point Theatre since 1975, the Theatre Art Galleries (TAG) hosts exhibitions of contemporary visual art. TAG has been the sole independent nonprofit provider of the visual arts in High Point and includes one of the finest stage and gallery spaces in the Southeast.
- World's Largest Chest of Drawers: Iconic symbol of the city since 1926, the World's Largest Bureau is an example of automobile-oriented pop architecture and has been featured on numerous broadcasts such as MTV and The Travel Channel.
- Brentwood Baptist Church (High Point, North Carolina) was built 1964 to the designs of Lawrence Henry Mallard of Lawrence Henry Mallard, 17041 Battleground Ave, Greensboro, North Carolina 27408