According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.3 square miles (16 sq.km), of which, 6.3 square miles (16 sq.km) of it is land and 0.16% is water. Roxboro is a city and the county seat of Person County, North Carolina. The city is 30 miles north of Durham, NC. It is part of the Durham-Chapel Hill Metropolitan Area.
- Person County Museum - The museum complex includes the Kitchen House, the Male Academy/Parsonage, Woodsdale General Store, Dr. John H. Merritt's office, a tobacco barn, and the Van Hook Subscription School, which is believed to be the oldest in the state. Exhibit featuring athletic exploits of Roxboro's own Enos Slaughter to Person County's connection with the RMS Titanic in uptown Roxboro.
Parks and recreation
- Palace Pointe - A multi-entertainment complex featuring 8-movie screens with stadium seating, 20-bowling lanes with cosmic bowling, a roller skating rink, arcade room, diner, billiards room, private rooms for parties and meeting functions.
- Roxboro Motorsports Dragway - An IHRA sanctioned, 1/8 mile concrete dragstrip opened in 1960. Car, truck and bike events are the norm during the spring, summer and fall.
- Rock Sportsplex- five baseball fields, and one batting cage.
Person County Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide variety of leisure services throughout the county providing a variety of recreational opportunities including playgrounds, walking tracks, picnic shelters, basketball courts, golf course, putt-putt, bicycling, fishing, swimming, tennis courts, ball fields, volleyball courts, hiking trails, horseshoe pits and restroom facilities at more than 14 sites, more than 6,735 acres (27 km2) of park land, including:
Other attractions include:
- Huck Sansbury Recreation Complex
- Allensville Park
- Bushy Fork Park
- Hurdle Mills Park
- Optimist Park
- Longhurst Park
- Mayo Park
- Mt. Tirzah Park
- Olive Hill Park
- Rock Sportsplex - five baseball fields and a batting cage.
- Roxboro Country Club - 18-hole golf course.
- Piedmont Community College Nature Trail - A system of seven trails with an observatory. Total distance is 12,741 feet (2.4 miles).
- Hyco Lake
- Mayo Lake
- Roxboro City