Aylmerton is a village in the county of Norfolk, England. It is in the area of North Norfolk and lies 2.2 miles (3.5 km) south of the North Sea, 3.2 miles (5.1 km) south-west of Cromer and 7.5 miles (12.1 km) west of Holt. The parish is bordered by the parishes of Beeston Regis and Runton to the north, West Beckham to the west, Felbrigg to the east and Gresham and Sustead to the south. The Village is ¾ miles south of the A148 King’s Lynn to Cromer road. The nearest railway stations are Cromer at 2.9 miles (4.7 km) and Roughton Road at 4.1 miles (6.6 km). The civil parish has an area of 6.86 square kilometres and in the 2001 census the population was 435 in 178 households. For the purposes of local government, the parish is in North Norfolk, whose headquarters are in Cromer.
The parish church is called St John the Baptist and is a 15th-century building. It has a round flint tower, thought to be over 700 years old. The church stands above the village on the side of a small hillside. The priest’s room, which is over the porch, can be entered via the original ironbound door in the nave. The chancel windows date from the middle of the 14th century, and there are some beautiful carvings, a traceried screen dating 1500 and four elaborate bench ends with poppy heads which were carved over 400 years ago. There are the remains of a transept on the north side of the church, reduced when the nave was rebuilt.