Teramo is a city and comune in the central Italian region of Abruzzo, the capital of the province of Teramo. The city, 150 kilometres (93 mi) from Rome, is situated between the highest mountains of the Apennines and the Adriatic coast.
It is indeed one of the few places where it is possible to reach, both the sunny beaches of the Adriatic sea and the 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) covered by snow Gran Sasso peaks, in less than half an hour from the city centre. The town is by the confluence of the Vezzola and Tordino rivers.
- The Cathedral of Saint Berardo, built in 1158 by bishop Guido II, in Romanesque style.
- The Romanesque church of Sant'Antonio (1127), with a decorated portal.
- The church of San Getulio, built in the early Middle Ages on the ruins of a Roman temple, finally destroyed in 1155 by the Normans.
- The church of San Domenico (14th century) with a fine Virgin with Child.
- The sanctuary of the Madonna delle Grazie (also known as Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie).
- The Palazzo Vescovile ("Bishops Palace"), from the 14th century.
- The remains of the Roman theatre (built about 30 BCE)
- The amphitheatre (about 3rd-4th century CE).
- Under Palazzo Savini are remains of a Roman domus, including a 1sy century BC opus tessellatum pavement which depicts a fighting lion and other decorative elements.
- The Torre Bruciata ("Burnt Tower"), a Roman tower from the 2nd century BC, in opus quadratum.
- Church of Santa Maria de Praediis (10th-11th centuries)