Wonderful Hostel in the city centre of Buenos Aires!!
Portal del Sur is run with passion by young professionals since 2003.
Portal del Sur is the perfect option for a unique experience.
Portal del Sur is a great Hostel located right in the city centre of Buenos Aires which means: itï¿½s really easy to get around!
Portal del Sur Hostel is set in a XIX century building which has been carefully refurbished and decorated to keep the historical charm of its architecture.
The 4 stories high building has a rooftop terrace with an incredible view of the city.
Our hostel is recognized as one of the most chosen hostels by travelers of all ages and nationalities.
Portal del Sur is also recommended by international guides and magazines as Lonely Planet, Le Routard, Petit Fute, Trip Advisor, Foot Print, Travelerï¿½s Guru, Time Out amongst others.
ï¿½ Beautiful refurbished old building;
ï¿½ Central location;
ï¿½ Hotel-like service quality for hostel-like rates;
ï¿½ Rooftop Bar opened every night;
ï¿½ Travel agency to help you upgrade your experience.
ï¿½ Daily FREE activities;
ï¿½ Tourist assistance;
ï¿½ In- and outdoor common areas;
ï¿½ Security staff taking care of you.
ï¿½ Comfy beds and great showers.
And the most important of all:
ï¿½ Knowledgeable and passionate staff that will go out of their way to make an unique experience out of your stay and to make Portal del Sur become your home away from home!!
* Our rooms?
Private rooms (single/double/Triple/Quadruples) include: private bathroom, air conditioning, maid service, telephone, linen and towels, internet access and cable TV.
Shared rooms with or without private bathroom accommodate 4 to 6 people and include: heat, air conditioning or fan, maid service, linen, telephone and individual lockers.
Portal del Sur Hostel will also help you expand your experience through Free activities everyday!:
ï¿½ Free Tango Lessons
ï¿½ Free Spanish Lessons
ï¿½ Free Walking Tour guided by professionals.
ï¿½ Free Mate Tasting with ï¿½Torta Fritas
ï¿½ Free Jam Session
*Services (Included in the rate)
Buffet Continental Breakfast, Wi-Fi (all over the hostel), Computers available, Maid service, Safe-boxes, Luggage storage, Tourist assistance, 24 hs. Reception.
* And thereï¿½s even more!
Common areas/Meeting points:
Cable TV, DVD player, couches, Tables where you could enjoy your meal as well as read, watch TV, plug your notebook and chat with friends, or just to meet other fellow travelers!
ï¿½ Fully equipped Kitchen with microwave and fridge where you can cook your favorite food.
ï¿½ Rooftop Terrace with Barbecue Grill. Give the typical Argentine barbecue a try while surrounded by an incredible view of Buenos Aires!
ï¿½ Rooftop Bar. Pretty much as good as it gets: Great staff + tasty food + many options when it comes to drinks + metegol + activities + prizes + promotions + good music + new people to meet.
ï¿½ Computer Room with Broadband Internet.
ï¿½Tourist Assistance Office.
Weï¿½ll help you get the most out of the city, day and night. Sports, city tours, discos, tango, bike rental, car rental and many more of what this city has in store for you! Then, get to know the whole country. South to North. We can help you plan, organize and book tickets, accommodation, excursions, and more at real budget-prices.
* Whatï¿½s the Word about Portal del Sur Hostel?
- ï¿½Close to everything, easy to get around - We loved Portal del Sur. Itï¿½s full of great people. It always has an activity for the guests (Spanish Classes, tango lessons, walking tours, barbecues, etc) and on top of that, itï¿½s very clean and organizedï¿½.
- ï¿½Really this place could be a self contained holiday if you chose to just go along with the events they offer each day. Wonderful people and spotlessly clean, there always seems to be someone cleaning stuff that isnï¿½t even dirtyï¿½.
- ï¿½Excellent, cable TV, air conditioned, travel agency, was more like a hotel than a hostel
- ï¿½The single rooms are excellent with ensuite bathrooms. Very clean...what I'd expect from a nicer hotel, rather than a hostel...I stayed only one night, but the hostel bar was really friendly and they had a free continental breakfast in a pleasant dining area. Very professionalï¿½.
- ï¿½Air Conditioned is a real bonus in B.Aï¿½.
- ï¿½One of the nicest and cleanest hostels we stayed inï¿½.
- ï¿½The travel agency inside the hostel is really helpful for us travelers - Roof top bar a bonus. Spanish lessons brilliant too!. Breakfast lush too!!!!!ï¿½
- ï¿½They have hotel units on the top floor so you can even chill out for a few days yet get a great party experience. - An excellent hostel - great people and great fun. Thoroughly recommendedï¿½.
- ï¿½Fantastic place. Big communal areas. Roof terrace and bar (open till 5am) definitely a bonus. Friendly staff. Sorry to leave. - Beautiful hostel in a great location. Interestingly during my stay, many people where on their second or third stay in this hostelï¿½
- ï¿½I found the staff especially charming and helpfulï¿½
- ï¿½My room in Portal Del Sur was my little oasis in the middle of Buenos Aires. It was very clean, the staff was very helpful, and it was in a good location, close to all of the subway stations and located in a good central location in the cityï¿½.
- ï¿½I am definitely coming back to Portal Del Sur the next time I come back to Buenos Aires - hopefully very soon!ï¿½.
- ï¿½A very great and entertaining hostel. The roof bar with table tennis and pool is a hit. I can highly recommend this placeï¿½
- ï¿½You really wouldn't want to be anywhere elseï¿½.
- ï¿½Highly recommended!!ï¿½.
Come and join us!! Letï¿½s find out together What's the next step?
? From Ezeiza International Airport: - Bus line 8 (former line 86)
? From Jorge Newbery Airport:
- Bus line 45
? From Constitución:
- Bus lines 45, 59 and/or 100
- Subway line C Avenida de Mayo station
? From Retiro:
- Bus lines 7 and/or 56
- Subway line C Avenida de Mayo station
? From San Telmo:
- Bus lines 10, 29 and/or 45
? From Recoleta:
- Bus lines 10, 17 and/or 59
Breakfast Included, Internet Access, Airport Pick Up, Bicycle Hire, Linen Included, Credit Cards Accepted, Bar, Towels, Security Lockers, Luggage Storage, Telephone/Fax Facilities, 24 hour reception, Travel Desk/Travel Info, Common Room, Lift / Elevator, BBQ Area, 24 Hour Check In