Fish Creek is a small township in Victoria, Australia. At the 2006 census, Fish Creek and the surrounding area had a population of 675.
Fish Creek was first settled in 1886. The Post Office opened on 6 October 1890 next to the proposed railway which arrived in 1892. In 1900 a community hall was built where the Butter Factory building stands today. This hall was used as a church by everyone until in 1904 a new Catholic church was built. Not long after that the Union Church was opened and since then the town has had two churches.
The Town Today:
Fishy has a number of art and craft shops catering to tourists who pass through town on their way to Wilsons Promontory. The current Fish Creek Memorial Hall, built in 1930, serves many purposes. For example it's a venue for parties, funerals, church services and school concerts. The Hall also houses an Opp shop (charity shop), the profits from which go to funding further development work on the enhancement of Hall facilities.
The town has an Australian Rules football team competing in the Alberton Football League. Fish Creek football club is based at Terill park, the club rooms are one of the very few club rooms that are privately owned. The Fish Creek Football Club (F.C.F.C) is over 100 years old and has had a few players who have gone on and played AFL.
The town is home to the Big Mullet which lies on its side atop the Fish Creek Hotel.