Nambour is a town in South East Queensland, Australia, 101 kilometres (63 mi) north of the state capital, Brisbane. The town lies in the sub-tropical hinterland of the Sunshine Coast at the foot of the Blackall Range and has a population of 10,221. It was the administrative centre and capital of the Maroochy Shire and is now the administrative centre of the Sunshine Coast Region. The greater Nambour region includes surrounding suburbs such as Burnside, Coes Creek, and Perwillowen, and has an estimated population of 15,550.
The area now known as Nambour, was first settled in 1870. The town was then called Petrie's Creek. In 1890 the Maroochy Divisional Board was established. In 1891, the rail link with Brisbane was completed, and at its opening Petrie's Creek was renamed "Nambour", after the Nambour cattle station. A fire in 1924 destroyed many of the timber buildings along the main street.
Nambour has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Mill Street, Currie Street, Howard Street: Moreton Central Sugar Mill Cane Tramway
- 17 & 19 Mill Street, and 14 & 16 Bury Street: former Moreton Central Sugar Mill Worker's Housing
Another heritage listing associated with the Moreton Central Sugar Mill is the:
- Store Road, Maroochy River: Tramway Lift Bridge over Maroochy River