If you're looking to be surrounded by fellow travellers, this probably isn't the place for you, you can find them in the old market area, a 30minute walk away. We are an Australian/Khmere couple with young children, located on the edge of Kampot, near the train/railway station, a 20 minute walk or easy bike ride to the main market, not on the river or in the main tourist area. There are a few Cambodian Karaoke/ Beer Gardens near by, and there are times you might see more cows walking the street than people. We are on a 2,000 sqm lot with a lilly pond, banana and coconut trees in the rear, where we also have a few pigs and chickens. It is also possible for someone, or two, to pitch a tent, for not more than a week, for a fee, as there is an additional toilet and bathing area at the back of the house.
Who wants to help me build an organic swimming pond.
- Teuk Chhoo (8km from town)
- Kep Thmey (22km from town)
- Bokor Mountain/Resort (42km from town)
- Phnom Chhngouk Cave Temple (6km from town)
- Phnom Sorsir Caves (18km from town)
- Phnom Kampong Trach Caves (38km from town)
- Kampot Pagoda (2km from town)
- Prek Ampel (Salt Field) (18km from town)
- Se Da Oun Mountain (6km from town)
- Pepper Farms (35km from town)