Arlington is a village and civil parish in the Wealden district of East Sussex, England. The parish is on The River Cuckmere, and is the location for a medieval priory, a reservoir and car racetrack. The area has been settled since Anglo-Saxon times. It is suggested that the wooden church in Arlington built by them, having been destroyed by invaders, was later rebuilt with bricks from the nearby Roman road. Apart from the Anglo-Saxon type of quoin stones, the church shows a splayed window of Anglo-Saxon type next to the porch.
Supporting an early date is the dedication of the church to St Pancras, the Roman martyr, relics of whom were given to one of the Anglo-Saxon kings: he was reputed to be a teenager when put to death in one of the Roman persecutions of Christians. There is a statue of this saint in the RC church at Lewes: it is reasonable, therefore, to suppose that the church at Arlington dates from early in the Anglo-Saxon period. It was enlarged in the 13th century.Michelham Priory, at Upper Dicker, was founded by the Augustinians in 1229. Today it is a tourist site.
There are two village halls in the parish, at Arlington and Upper Dicker. That at Arlington holds a weekly Art Club and a village market. There are three public houses: The Yew Tree Inn situated near the church; The Old Oak Inn in Caneheath, a hamlet to the east of Arlington; and The Plough Inn at Upper Dicker. Arlington also has its very own Tea Garden/ Nursery on Wilbees Road. Education is provided at Park Mead Infants School; and at St Bede's Independent Boarding School, Upper Dicker. The post office at Upper Dicker, was closed in 2008.
Arlington parish church is dedicated to St Pancras.The church at Upper Dicker is dedicated to the Holy Trinity.