Wetwang is a Yorkshire Wolds village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated 6 miles (9.7 km) west of Driffield on the A166 road.
According to the 2011 UK census, Wetwang parish had a population of 761,an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 672. St Nicholas's Church is of Norman origin and was restored between 1845 and 1902. In 1966 the church was designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building. It is on the Sykes Churches Trail devised by the East Yorkshire Churches Group.
The Village is known for its Iron Age chariot burial cemetery at Wetwang Slack and its black swans.The village is recorded in the Domesday Book as Wetuuangha. There are two interpretations of the name, one from the Old Norse vaett-vangr, 'field for the trial of a legal action'. Another theory is that it was the "Wet Field" compared to the nearby dry field at Driffield.It has been noted on lists of unusual place names.
It has been hypothesised that the unlocated Romano-British town of Delgovicia is located at Wetwang.Until 1950, the village was served by Wetwang railway station, on the Malton to Driffield line, but this line has closed.The village is now served by an infrequent East Yorkshire Motor Services bus.