The Pont de Sully (or Pont Sully; French pronunciation: [pɔ̃ də syji]) is a bridge across the River Seine in Paris, France. In reality two separate bridges meeting on the eastern tip of the Île Saint-Louis, it links the 4th and 5th arrondissements of the capital along the line of the Boulevard Henri IV, and connects to the eastern end of the Boulevard Saint-Germain. Sully - Morland is the nearest Metro station.
The two parts of the bridge, known as the Passerelle Damiette on the right-bank side) and the Passerelle de Constantine on the left-bank side, were authorized by an act of 18 June 1836, in favor of M. de Beaumont, the projector, who would recoup his expenses, valued at 380.000 fr., by collecting tolls. The bridges, opened to traffic January 1838, were a pair of pedestrian suspension bridges, constructed by the engineer Surville. The Passerelle Damiette was destroyed in the 1848 Revolution, while the Passerelle de Constantine, built in 1837, collapsed in 1872 owing to corrosion in its cables.
The current bridge was constructed in 1876, as part of Haussmann's renovation of Paris, and opened on 25 August 1877. It is named in honour of Maximilien de Béthune, duke of Sully (1560-1641) and minister to Henry IV. It was designed by the engineers Paul Vaudrey and Gustave Brosselin. They set it at an angle of about 45 degrees to the river banks, which means that it gives a splendid view over the quais of the Île Saint-Louis and Notre Dame. The southern part consists of three cast iron arches, while the northern part, over the narrower arm of the river, consists of a central 42m arch in cast iron and two 15m arches in masonry.