Berlin-Wannsee station (in German Bahnhof Berlin-Wannsee) is a railway station opened in 1874 which lies in the Wannsee district of Berlin, the capital city of Germany. It is an important traffic junction in south-west Berlin that is served by the RegionalExpress and RegionalBahn trains of the Deutsche Bahn, the Harz-Berlin-Express of Veolia Verkehr and by the Berlin S-Bahn. In summer, Wannsee serves as the Berlin terminal for DB AutoZug car carrying trains to and from southern Europe.
S-Bahn line S1 terminates at Wannsee, and operates to and from central Berlin via the Nord-Süd-Tunnel. Line S7 passes through Wannsee on its route to Potsdam Hbf, and operates to and from central Berlin via the Stadtbahn. The two routes to central Berlin diverge by way a flying junction between Wannsee and Nikolassee stations.
The station entrance building lies to the north of the station, and is linked to the platforms by a subway. To the south of the entrance are two island platforms used by the S-Bahn services, and then a single longer island platform used by Deutsche Bahn and Veolia trains. The AutoZug terminal is to the south of the station.
The station is served by a number of bus routes which stop at a bus interchange in front of the station. These include Berlin routes 114 (to Krankenhaus Heckeshorn), 118 (to Rathaus Zehlendorf and Steinstücken), 218 (to Theodor-Heuss-Platz U-Bahn station and the Pfaueninsel), 316 (to the Glienicker Brücke in Potsdam) and 318 (to the Hahn-Meitner-Institut). Additionally Havelbus route 620 operates to Teltow.