The Körnerpark is situated in Berlin Neukölln between Jonasstraße, Schierker Straße, Selkestraße and Wittmannsdorfer Straße. The about 2.4 hectares (about 5.93 acres) large park resembles a palace garden. The feature in the eastern part of the park is a cascade with fountains. Opposite in the west an orangery, which houses a café and a gallery for temporary exhibitions, forms the boundary of the park. During summer weekends the forecourt of the orangery is used for free concerts and performances. The northern part is dominated by a flower garden.
After World War II the park was exposed to increased dilapidation. The location in the eastern approach path of Berlin Tempelhof Airport did not help its situation. Based on still existing documents the garden was then restored at the end of the 1970s. In October 1983 the orangery was reopened as gallery and in 2002 the cascade and the canals were renovated. Buckets with plants stand again on the forecourt of the orangery and the extensive areas of herbaceous plants have been restored. Since 2 April 2004 Körnerpark is a listed historic garden.
Horse Rider Grave of Neukölln:
The site got some archaeological fame when on 23 January 1912 at the corner Jonas-/Selkestraße the Horse Rider Grave of Neukölln was found during construction work. The grave dates from the Migration Period in the 5th and 6th century. The rider was buried with his horse in a tomb of 2.50 metres depth. The dead man was about 40 years old. In the grave were also found remains of a leather belt (fitted with iron parts), bronze nails and an earthenware vessel. A long sword (spatha) lay diagonally on the corpse.