This is the library of a prominent Chowgule college based in Margao, Goa in India. It has a collection of 65,000 items "covering every field of knowledge"
Facilities on offer
Some of the facilities it offers are:
- Reading rooms, book stacks, specialist function area (visual room and multimedia resource centre)
- Study places to accommodate 100 students at a time.
- Learning resources (including subscription to 75 scientific and academic journals, 3215 bound volumes and about 767 dissertations submitted by final year students).
- Orientation and information support.
- New additions list, document delivery service, bibliography and reference service, networking through INFLIP NET and the British Council for inter-library loan services.
- Electronic services
- A cyber-library, with a provision of 99 study places on the ground floor.
- Access of library facilities to the general public (using the rare reference collection, searching OPAC or the Online Public Access Catalogue, borriwing two books at a time, attending events and talks, accessing online resources, access to the special collection of books on Goa, access to the 'Goa Government Gazette ' from 1962)
The library is oipen from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday-Saturday. The librarian is Dr. M.P. Shivalli. Librarian Dr M.P. Shivalli was awarded Commonwealth Professional Fellowship by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, United Kingdom, for 2011, to become "the first Librarian in the state of Goa and one of the three from India to be chosen as recipient of this internationally coveted award.