Our homestay offers accommodation for backpackers & backpacking assistance providing Food, Shelter & Shaanti.
We offer you to stay within our home as we let out a homestay room to you and you get to experience local food, culture, way of life while staying with us
nothing fancy..nothing complicated...just simple accommodation to cover for food and shelter. Ideal for transit/stopover backpackers heading to /from the hills of Darjeeling-Sikkim or Sunderban Tiger Reserve or simply coming to Calcutta known as the cultural capital of India which is fighting everyday to hold on to its Colonial past.
• Simple filling home cooked food or try your hand at our kitchen to cook your favorite cuisine (we know how much you miss your home food when you travel)
• Clean hygienic western toilets
• Computer in your room to Browse internet, check mails, back up your memory card by burning a DVD or simply listen to your music (internet is charged Rs.100 for full day)
•Freezer in your room to enjoy the chilling breezers, beers and snacks of your choice.
• Enjoy our activities strike some tunes on our guitar/keyboard, play chess or play cards, read books, study maps, plan your tours with our guidance & more (complimentary service)
• space for storing your heavy backpacks while you tour the city (complimentary service)
• You can have a couple of hybrid city bikes to cycle around the winding by-lanes of the city (Rs.350/6.5$) per bike for a city tour from 5:30 am to 8:30 am (3 hours) only on Sundays with our guidance covering most of the "must see" monuments, architectures and spots with us.
• City Walking tour with our guided service Rs.1200 per day for a group of up to 4 people (full day-7-8 hours)
Homestaying with us offers a chance to stay with an Indian family and experience life beyond the formal and commercial experience of a regular hotel.
We thrive to offer you every possible experience to give you a deep inside to a local Indian and more specifically Bengali culture, art, sweets, adda (gossips) over cups of endless chai (tea) as we try to give you a feel of our daily life just like a local!