Located just outside the walled city is the sprawling Ram Niwas garden, which has always been a place for recreational activities since the reign of Maharaja Sawai Ram Singh. This exquisitely designed garden with four sentry doors and a huge complex with small pools and fountains, flourishing lawns and beautiful flower beds all around was basically a famine relief project.
It mostly attracted the British families where they entertained their guests and families quite often with the elaborate gowns of the women and formal colorful attires of the nobles and the high society club members. This park would come alive with the setting sun. Their individual 'Baggis'( horse carriages) were parked outside in a line and the attendants were at the beck and call.
The children had a gala time playing around on 'jhulas'(swing) etc. During day time it was opened for the common public and by evening it was available for the exclusive lot. Situated in the middle of the garden is the exquisitely built structure of Albert Hall. It was designed by Sir Swinton Jacob, a British architect who designed many palaces in Rajasthan. Combining the elements of English and north Indian architecture – it was known as the pride of the New Jaipur when it opened in 1887 AD. it is a very well maintained and impressive building displaying a rich collection of artifacts like paintings, carpets, ivory, stone, metal sculptures, colorful crystal works etc.
The Albert Hall Museum is presently undergoing renovation. Right opposite the Albert Hall is one of the oldest zoos in the country, harboring different species of birds and animals. Another piece of attraction near Albert Hall is the Ravindra Rang Manch (theatre) with a modern art gallery and a performing arts theatre, both indoor and open air.