Somwarpet (ಸೋಮವಾರಪೇಟೆ, somavārapēte, also written Somvarpet) is a panchayat town in Kodagu district in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the main town of the Somwarpet taluka, in the north-east of the district. The main crops grown in the area are coffee and spice crops such as cardamom, peppers, oranges, ginger, and other vegetables. Coffee is the major crop in the region. It is the major Arabica coffee growing region of India. Other crops like pepper, cardamom, orange, vanilla are grown. Rice is also grown in the region.
- Beelur Golf Club Beelur Golf Club is located 8 km from Somwarpet town and it is one of the oldest club in the town. The lush green golf ground attracts many movie makers.
- Malemalleshwara Betta Malemalleshwara Betta is located around 13 km from Somwarpet and 7 km from Shanivarsanthe. Pooja will be conducted regularly and a Grand Celebration on Maha Shiva Rathri every year.
- Kotebetta Kotebetta is the third highest peak in Coorg after Tadiyandamol and Brahmagiri, Kotebetta means "Fort Hill" because of its fort like appearance. It measures around 1620 mts (5313 ft) and lies near to the border between the Dakshina Kannada and Coorg districts. The trek starting point is junction near a bridge called Hattihole. The peak is at a distance of 10 km from Hattihole, there is a Shiva Temple on the base of Kotebetta.
- Makkalagudi Betta is Located in kiraganduru around 10 km between somwarpet and Madikeri road. It has a Beautiful scenic Veiw point one can enjoy a superb view of paddy field, forest and Back waters of Harangi Reservoir.
- Mallalli Falls also known as Mallalli Abbi or Kumaradhara Falls is one of the tallest waterfalls in the Coorg where river Kumaradhara, drops down from over 200 feet. Scattered along the stream you’ll find incredibly misty waterfalls, situated on the foothills of Pushpagiri hill-ranges. about 25 km from Somwarpet.