The Shchusev State Museum of Architecture is a national museum of Russian Architecture located in Moscow the capital of Russia and also a research centre to study and promote the architectural and urban heritage. The museum was founded in 1934 and is located on the Vozdvizhenka Street. The collections include more than 1 million items. The museum is named after famous Russian and Soviet architect Alexey Shchusev.
Until the early 1990s the museum was located in the Donskoi Monastery. The current museum building is the architectural complex of a noble family estates Talyzin, is an architectural monument of Russian classicism era (end of the 18th century).
The museum's collections reflect the ancient history of architecture in Russia. The most valuable of them are frescoes Trinity Monastery of Makaryevsky Kalyazin (17th century) Furniture collection (19th century) Copyright models of architectural structures.
The main activities of the museum were once research, collection work, promoting the restoration of monuments. In the last decade, the museum organizes exhibitions and other commercial activities. The museum consists of a scientific library, archive, restoration workshops, and private architectural office.
Has the status of a particularly valuable object of cultural heritage of the Russian Federation (Presidential Decree of 24 January 1995). From 1 January 2000 to 7 January 7, 2010 the museum's director was David Sarkisyan. On April 6, 2010 IM Korobina was appointed director of the museum.