Founded in 2003, Green Breaks is a young and dynamic in-bound
operator. The company was created to offer a different kind of service
than had been offered by other Ugandan agencies. Our focus is to provide
the highest degree of personalized attention and service, while not
compromising on quality or value for money.
Market competition had clustered heavily at the very top end and
lightly at the bottom end, while offering barely anything in between.
Green Breaks stepped in to address this market demand in order to
provide the mid-market traveler with a range of options that tap into
the untamed nature, rich culture, and year-round beautiful climate that
Uganda has to offer to the world.
Since our inception, we have hosted more than 2000 tourists, many of
them selecting our “The Best of Uganda” package, which is a typical
nature lover’s itinerary that explores a wide geographic area spanning
Northwest, West, Southwest and Central Uganda. We are actively
diversifying our product portfolio which now includes other activities
like avi-tourism, mountain trekking, and angling holidays. It is also
positioning itself for an aggressive international expansion with
extensive marketing and public relations campaigns.
The CEO, Ignatius B Nakishero, brings more than 25 years of
experience and knowledge to Green Breaks and its clients. His past
- Manager of the government’s Uganda Tourist Development Offices at Entebbe Airport, 1979 to 1981
- Manager of Uganda Tours and Travel Ltd., 1982 to 1987
- Sales and Marketing Executive at Uganda Tourist Development Corporation, 1987 to 1990
- Counterpart to the Marketing Consultant on the Tourism Rehabilitation and Development Project (TRDP), 1990 to 1992
- Special Assistant to the Chief of the Tourism Task Force, 1992 to 1995
- Sales and Marketing Executive, Uganda Tourist Board, 1995 to 1996
- Sales and Marketing Manager, Uganda Tourist Board, 1996 to 2004;
also served as acting CEO during a large portion of this period
- Counterpart to the Marketing Consultant on the Uganda Sustainable
Tourism Development Project (UGSTDP), 2003 to 2004, while starting-up
Ignatius was trained in tourism destination management and operations
in both Italy and Uganda. During the course of his career, he also
attended several specialized courses in Tanzania and the Netherlands.
For more information, please send at email to email@example.com.