Bristol Township is a township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 54,582 at the 2010 census, making it the 13th largest municipality in the state. Bristol Township, along with Bristol Borough, is a cultural hub for Lower Bucks County, hosting celebrations of African and Latino heritage. Parts of the township consist of the neighborhoods of Fairless Hills and Levittown, Pennsylvania.
Before Bristol Township was settled, it was populated by Delaware Indians. It was formed as Buckingham Township in 1692 and was renamed Bristol Township in 1702. The springs at Bath, in Bristol Township, were popular among wealthy Philadelphians for a while, but lost popularity to the ones in Saratoga, New York. The Delaware Canal was built in 1831 and connected Bristol to Easton, 60 miles to the north. Still, until the 1950s Bristol Township was largely agricultural. In 1952 William Levitt began construction of his Levittown, which was located partly in Bristol Township.
The Phineas Pemberton House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
The War Dog Memorial, located in front of the Bristol Township Municipal Building, was dedicated in 2006.