The William Robb House is 19th-century house in Charleston, South Carolina at 12 Bee Street. The house is significant for its association with William Robb, partner in the East Point Rice Mill, and with philanthropist William King McDowell. The house was built by Robb in about 1858 in a Classical Revival style. The interior was remodeled in about 1920 and shows an adaptation by McDowell for use as Mercy Maternity Hospital and, after 1929, the Episcopal Church Home for Women.
The three-story masonry and frame residence is square and sits on a closed brick foundation. The main house is dominated by a classically detailed three-tiered portico on the south side, with the levels arranged in ascending complexity of their classical order. The exterior walls are laid in Flemish bond with tuck-pointed mortar joints and brick quoins on each corner. The house has five bays on its north and south sides, three on its west side, and four bays on its east elevation.
The windows on each elevation are symmetrically arranged with six-over-six wooden sash windows and sandstone lintels. The hipped roof is covered with slate shingles and is pierced by four interior corbeled brick chimney stacks. The cornice is boxed with frieze and brackets. There are two brick dependencies, a carriage house and kitchen building; both are two-story structures with hipped, slate roofs and voussoir-arched windows.
Charleston County had bid $273,000 in January 1983 for the building to use it as the location for its Substance Abuse Commission. Neighborhood opposition caused the county to withdraw its plans, and in 1983, the building was converted into twenty-three apartments. The building was listed in the National Register September 8, 1983 to make tax credits available.