Join a small group of photographers (max 5) on game drives in the famous South Luangwa National Park, Zambia. South Luangwa is one of the best locations in Africa for wildlife with over 60 species of mammals, including hippo, giraffe, lion, leopard, wildebeest, zebra, antelope, buffalo and the endangered wild dog. There are also over 400 species of birds recorded in the valley, so the photo opportunities are outstanding! Every game drive is led by knowledgeable and passionate safari guides. Photographers of all levels are welcome, from absolute beginners to seasoned professionals. Learn from your fellow photographers in an open environment where no questions are too basic.
Set Dates Led by Professional Photographers :
8 Days Safari : from 14 June to 21 June 2019 – Led by Robert
13 Days Safari : from 18 October to 31 October 2019 – Ian Taylor
8 Days Safari : from 3 November to 10 November – Led by Ian Taylor
On safari you will make use of a customized photography-safari vehicle with swing arms to accommodate clamps with camera mounts. A maximum of five people plus the photographic guide are accommodated on the game drive vehicle, to ensure all participants have ‘window’ seats. The vehicle is completely open, allowing you to have 360-degree horizontal views and 180-degree vertical views-(canvas top can be removed for this) for capturing images.
Assistance from your photography guide is available at all times, including reviewing and discussing images once back in camp and instruction in post processing of your images. This personal approach results in the best possible opportunity of improving your wildlife photography skills.
There are also two photographic hides at the camp that can be used during the tour. Here especially during the dry months animals can be found visiting the waterholes and photographic opportunities are plenty.
Suggested Camera Gear
* 2 Camera bodies (for peace of mind / fast switching of focal lengths)
* Spare memory cards, batteries and charger. Small multi outlet electric extension cord to charge 3 devices at one time
* Lenses: Long telephoto lens 300/400/500, 150-600 zoom or 100-400 zoom with 1.4/1.5 Teleconverter, telephoto lens 70-200 or equivalent, Wide angle lens for wider wildlife images.
* Flash (external), extra batteries, A flash bracket (Inexpensive ones available from Neewer, Vello and Stroboframe), flash off-shoe cord to eliminate ‘green-eye’ when photographing animals at night.
* Gimbal Head (vehicle has mount), please bring your own arca-swiss plates with you.
* Notebook, laptop or additional storage device
* Empty bean bag (rice to fill at camp)
As a general guide, comfortable, casual, wash and wear clothes are recommended. Please note that muted colours are recommended for game viewing. Khaki, green, beige and neutral colours are recommended.
* Shirts with long sleeves (even in summer, as protection from the sun and mosquitoes).
* Shorts or a light skirt
* Jeans or safari trousers for evenings and cooler days
* A jacket, fleece or sweater is recommended for early morning and evening game drives
* Comfortable walking shoes and/or sandals
* Sun block, sunglasses, hat, insect repellent, moisturizer and lip-salve are all essential
¿Qué está incluido?
* Input, suggestions and informal instruction on anything related to photography
* Casual talks, briefings or workshops appropriate to each day’s activities
* Flexible instruction topics to suit photographers of any skill level
* All safari activities (two game drives per day except day of arrival/departure)
* Use of photographic hides
* Services of the lodge guides & staff
* Relevant park fees
* All meals, national beer (Mosi), soft drinks and bottled water
* Laundry service
* Return Domestic Flight (Lusaka – Mfuwe -Lusaka)
Cubierto de destinoSouth Luangwa National Park
y Lusaka Province
Presupuesto, Familias, Grupos, Luna de miel, Lujo, Personas viajando solas