Mountain Church ( official name : the Cathedral of Christ the King ) is a Catholic church in the city of Nha Trang , Khanh Hoa Province . This church also has many popular names such as Nha Trang Cathedral ( because it belongs to the former director of Nha Trang ) ; Church of stones ( because it was built of stone ) ; Falls Church Friday ( because it is located near a finish swivel traffic ) ; but more commonly known as Cathedral Mountain ( because it was built on a small mountain ) .
Ngày July 5, 1957 in Nha Trang diocese was established formally split from the Diocese of Quy Nhon is just one apostolic vicariate . Ngày November 24, 1960 , the new Diocese of Nha Trang diocese was elevated to the court , this time , Nha Trang Cathedral was officially chosen as the cathedral of the diocese , the parish became the parish Nha Trang main Building . This church was built in the architectural style of the church in the West. Overall , the layout works well muscled with small cubes rising gradually from low , mid blue highlights . The highest point where the cross atop the bell tower , 38 meters high , measured from the road surface .
At the end of the 19th century ( around 1885 ) , Catholics in Nha Trang is only a few hundred people . In 1886 the French authorities of the colonial government in Nha Trang and to meet the needs of the religious activities of the laity for this and for all the French officers , they built a temporary chapel by the sea Nha Trang what is now Building area bishop of Nha Trang .
Louis Vallet (1869-1945) - a French priest who is considered the laity Nha Trang - was intended to establish a parish in Nha Trang , along with the construction of a Ngày September 3, 1928 , the church began construction on a muzzle small mountain , called Mount Cotton , a height of about 12 meters . Approximately 500 mines have been used to create space on the mountain .